When you think of winemaking, I'd wager that big oak barrels and/or stainless steel tanks are the first things to come to your mind.
Those are two of the most common tools that winemakers might use. However, they might also use a few lesser-known techniques to bring out flavour and complexity. Winemaking definitely starts in the vines, but there's a huge creative process after the grapes are picked!
Want to learn four interesting winemaking methods? Check out my clip from this morning's CTV Your Morning show!
- Pelee Island "Empress" Sparkling Wine | VQA South Islands, Ontario | ON
- Empress is a brand new wine, coming to Canada soon! Check www.peleeisland.com for the release date.
- Château Pré la Lande Cuvée Terracotta 2017 | Bordeaux, France | ON (Other wines by the same winery available in QC)
- Musella Valpolicella Ripasso Superiore 2016 | Valpolicella, Italy | BC, AB, ON, QC
- El Esteco Old Vines Malbec 2019 | Cafayate, Argentina | All major markets